Student Life Program
The Student Life Program is all about you, our students, and focuses on activities to support the busy commuter student at Eastern International College. Activities include a broad range from social, professional, and community service activities. Student Life is based on the needs and desires of our student body to, ultimately, enhance your escapades during your time with EIC. Student Life includes, but is not limited to:
- Having fun and getting involved to make the most of your time, while enhancing your college experience.
- Having and participating in the student body representation: Student Council
- Departmental student professional groups.
- Community Service opportunities (food drive, special presentations, blood drives).
- Starting/joining clubs which are lead by students to enhance your leadership skills and provide you with the opportunity to meet others who have the same passions and interests.
At Eastern International College, we seek to maximize the experience of our students and to aid you with growth and development. Each semester, the Director of Career Services and Student Life meets with the students to determine your interests with current existing programs/clubs, as well as new groups, clubs, and activities. Experienced faculty provides guidance with expertise in leadership, professionalism, and ways to make you stand out! We always seek to increase our students’ involvement and, ultimately, student life activities are based on the interests of our students.
Eastern International College Student Newsletter, ‘EIC Escapades’
Having Fun & Enhancing Your College Experience:
- You get to start a club that you are passionate about and get to meet others who share the same interests.
- It’s a great way to meet and network with others, which includes faculty and your peers. This can aid you when it comes time for employment in your trained field. You can attain letters of recommendation or individuals who will stand as a “reference” for your reference sheet when interviewing.
- You get to meet community members and/or be a hero through enriching the lives of others in our communities as a result of your generosity, dedication to a cause, and leadership.
- Participate in a club or our Student Council and be a leader and voice for your peers. Advocate for your student body and meet with the Student Life Director to share the suggestions and concerns of your student body.
- In taking a leadership role, this allows you to articulate the information on your resume. See JenniferM.Gonzalez@eicollege.edu for assistance with your resume. Also, take a look at our webpage section under “Career Services.” Link on Face Book with EIC Jennifer and “like us.”
- You get to be a part of enhancing the organizational branding of your school as a leader and increase enthusiasm, motivation, and morale in participating and getting involved.
- Having leadership opportunities allows you the chance to increase your transferrable skills, especially when it comes time to attain positions upon graduation and where you are presented with chances for pay raises and/or promotional opportunities to demonstrate your abilities in a lead role.
- You get to be a leader in your community and have others recognize who you are.
Charities & Fundraising:
- What are you passionate about? Start a club and be a leader or a participant. As a leader, you get to develop your skills and as a participant, you are both valued at a higher rate in the workforce because you are serving and giving back to your community, utilizing your critical thinking and problem-solving skills and showing how you go above and beyond.
- Let us know which charities you are interested in and experienced faculty will assist you with the cause.
Share Your Success story in “EIC Escapades” Monthly Newsletter for students (formerly called Vital Signs):
- Share your success story pertaining to EIC and your program and submit it to Jennifer Gonzalez. If your story is chosen, you will be featured in the “EIC Escapades” monthly student newsletter. Let us know what articles and information you enjoyed best. If chosen for the “success story,” you would be required to complete a waiver form for permissions to publish on our website.
Increase Your Professional Development Through Career Service Workshops:
- EIC offers our students and graduates the opportunities to have professional growth and development, which gets listed on your resume under “professional development.” Read your EIC Escapades and check out the monthly calendar to sign up.
- Also, ensure that you are utilizing your EIC email addresses and checking that mailbox regularly. When you are working, they have you utilize the company’s email address, not your personal one. This is part of growing as a professional.
Enrichment Workshop Participation or for Counseling Services:
- Student Life and the Counseling Department partner and offer enrichment workshops and ways to reduce stress with test anxiety, how to increase your critical thinking skills, meditation, and much more. Check out “Maria’s Counseling Corner” in our monthly student newsletter, EIC Escapades, for great tips.
- If any student needs counseling, please reach out to Maria.Billings@eicollege.edu. You can find more information for hours, etc. under the Student Services tab; choose counseling.
- Eastern International College is working on having ways for you to participate with student life in other formats to enhance your experience, too. Some formats may be online discussion board features. More information to follow in the new year, 2019.
Connect with ‘EIC Student Life’ and ‘EIC Jennifer’ on Facebook and other platforms:
Are you an organization that wants to give back and get involved?
- If so, we have motivated students that are always looking to partner with our employer partners.
- If you have a cause that you are working towards and would like EIC’s student body assistance, share your idea, which will be present to the students and resources will be identified to ensure we are able to assist at that present time.
Who can I contact for any Student Life inquiries?
- For any questions, concerns, ideas, or to share feedback, please reach out to Jennifer Gonzalez, Director of Career Services and Student Life, at JenniferM.Gonzalez@eicollege.edu.