Eastern International College’s Affordable Dental Hygiene Clinic
Eastern International College is pleased to announce a service extended to residents and the extended campus community – affordable dental hygiene clinic. The dental clinic is offered in Jersey City located at 684 Newark Avenue, two blocks from Journal Square. Newly built in 2013, it is a state of the industry, 30 chair clinic with intra-oral cameras and computer stations with dual monitors located at each unit The Dental Hygiene Clinic offers reduced-fee dental hygiene services for both children and adults.
In our teaching facility, all services are provided by Dental Hygiene Students who have demonstrated competency in clinical services before being granted permission to treat patients. The students are directly supervised by licensed Dental Hygiene Faculty and licensed Dentists.
Clinic Days and Hours
The clinic will reopen on September 14. We will be seeing patients on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8 a.m – 12 p.m and 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. On Wednesday there will be a screening for dental prevention treatment. If the patient is cleared medically their appointment will be free. Also, on Wednesday we will be offering free dental prevented treatment for all men and women in the military service, they must provide their military ID. Free treatment includes a dental exam, treatment, prevention, x-ray, whitening, and mouthguard, etc. (Please make a note that we do not do any oral surgery, extrication, or fillings. Any work that is recommended will be referred to the patient to take to their regular dentist.) There are no walk-ins, appointments only. To follow the regulations given by the state of NJ during the COVID, all patients must be screened when entering the building, remain 6 feet and must wear masks.
Dental Hygiene Services
- As per NJ State Board of Dentistry standards and the American Disability Act, Eastern International College’s Dental Hygiene clinic treats all patients applying for clinical preventative dental hygiene services.
- The clinic does not accept any insurance plans including Medicaid. All patients with dental insurances or Medicaid coverage may elect to pay directly for services in the clinic.
In our teaching facility, all services are provided by Dental Hygiene students who have demonstrated competency in clinical services before being granted permission to treat patients. The students are directly supervised by licensed Dental Hygiene faculty and a licensed dentist. These are some of the services offered based on the student and faculty assessments of your individual health needs and include:
- Dental Examination and Cleaning of Teeth
- Dental Sealants
- Fluoride Treatment
- In-Office Bleaching
DH Clinic Fee Schedule
- The Dental Hygiene Clinic does not provide emergency or routine care for toothaches, root canals, extractions, fillings, crowns, partials, dentures/denture repairs, or pain management. An off-site dentist of your choice must provide these dental services.
- Patients are responsible for paying all fees before the beginning of treatment on the day treatment is started. Fees are assessed by the schedule listed and posted below. However, if the faculty determines that a patient is not suitable for our teaching clinic, the patient will be dismissed, inactivated, and/or referred to an off-site dentist of their choice.
- Multiple appointments and extended lengths of appointments (approximately 4 hours) are often required. Treatment may not be completed in one appointment.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to notify the Dental Hygiene clinic within 24 hours if an appointment needs to be changed or canceled. Failure to do so two consecutive times may result in dismissal or inactivation from the clinic. Updating all changes in health and contact information is the responsibility of the patient.
- The Dental Hygiene Clinic at EIC is proud to offer no- and low-cost services to residents of Jersey City and the surrounding areas. Be aware that we do not accept insurance, including Medicaid, and you’re responsible for paying all fees before treatment for services in the clinic.
- For current EIC fees, consult the dental hygiene clinic fee schedule. At the time of your appointment, our faculty will determine if you’re suitable for our teaching clinic. If not, you may be dismissed, inactivated, and/or referred to as an off-site dentist for specialized treatment.
Schedule an Appointment
Call 201-721-9206 or 201-630-2080 to make an appointment at the Dental Hygiene Clinic at EIC – located at 684 Newark Ave on the Jersey City Campus. Before you visit, make sure to fill out the appropriate new patient forms in preparation for your first appointment.