Eastern International College
The History of Eastern International College
Eastern International College has been educating students in medical practices since it opened under the name Micro Tech Training Center in 1990. In the 28 years since the school was opened, we have been working hard to further perfect the training programs at the school and provide more students with a future in the medical profession of their choice. EIC added the Associate in Applied Science Degree in Dental Hygiene program and our first Bachelor’s Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- 1990: EIC opened under the name Micro Tech Training Center. The school’s original goal was to provide customized computer training to students from local corporations. At the beginning the school was located in East Orange, New Jersey and only had 15 students who were being trained in job-related software applications. The group occupied only two classrooms. Shortly after establishment, the training facility was approved by the New Jersey Department of Education and expanded to include training to local companies in relation to the Job Training Partnership Act.
- 1995: The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges granted initial accreditation.
- 1996: The Micro Tech Training Center began offering financial aid to students.
- 1998: The school relocated to Newark, New Jersey out of the need for a bigger campus. At this point, the college added PC Networking and PC Applications specialist programs.
- 2000: The school relocated once again to the Jersey City campus.
- 2001: A decline in employment opportunities lead to a shift in the program offerings at the Micro Tech Training Center.
- 2002: The school launched its first healthcare training programs in Massage Therapy, Medical Assistance, and Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound Technology.
- 2004: With the popularity of the new medical programs, it became necessary to open the Belleville Branch Campus to better serve the students of the Newark area.
- 2009: EIC expanded its program base once again to offer an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- 2010: EIC added an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Nursing and Medical Assistance.
- 2012: The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service recommended college credit for general education courses at the school.
- 2013: EIC added the Associate in Applied Science Degree in Dental Hygiene program.
- 2013: EIC’s main campus relocated to a new facility within Jersey City.
- 2014: EIC expanded its program base once again to offer an Associate in Applied Science Degree in Cardiovascular Technology and a Bachelor Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- 2017: EIC expanded its program base to include a Dental Hygiene-BS Degree (Completion Program)
If you are looking for a New Jersey allied health college where you can attend dental hygiene school or major in medical assisting, diagnostic medical sonography, nursing, or cardiovascular technology , then call Eastern International College at 201-216-9901 or 973-751-9051 today!