Library Orientation at Eastern International College is mandatory for all incoming students. Attendance is scheduled by class. At the completion of Orientation students must complete a survey. Upon returning the survey, students are issued a Certificate of Completion for their student files.
- All students must sign in by entering the Library for any purpose. This is mandatory. Refusal to provide the aforementioned information can lead to a refusal of library services as affiliation with EIC is not assured.
- Food is not allowed anywhere in the Library.
- Water may be consumed in the Library as long as this is from bottles with a sealable top. Students are not allowed to have ANY TYPE OF DRINKS next to COMPUTERS.
- Mobile telephones must be set to ‘silent’ mode in the Library.
- Students are allowed to borrow circulation books for a Maximum period of 14 days. Books can be renewed up to 3 times.
- All students can set up accounts with the librarian for free printing up to 300 pages. Additional pages cost 10 cents per and can be paid to the librarian.
- Students must present and leave their IDs with the librarian when borrowing a reserve textbook for class.
- Overdue books may incur a fine of $0.25 per day/per book. Students with pending late fees will not be allowed to register for the following semester. Students will not be able to graduate or receive their diplomas unless all library books are returned and late fees are paid.
- If a library book is lost, the borrower will pay the replacement cost of the book, OR purchase an exact replacement book and bring it to the library.
- The marking of any Library materials is forbidden.
- NO BOOKS/Journals/DVDS can be borrowed from the library without the NOTIFICATION to the librarian.
- Students must present their EIC ID Cards for inspection if requested by a member of the Library staff in the course of their duties.
- Silence shall be maintained as far as possible in the Library.
- The Library reserves the right to inspect anything brought into the building.
Library Printing Policy
- Students are given 300 free pages of printing/photocopying per semester.
- If a student exceeds that number, they may buy more pages; the cost is 10 cents per page and can be paid directly to the librarian.
- All students may register for printing with the librarian.
- Students’ usernames are the first initial of their first name and last name. For example: Stephen Bloshuk Username: sbloshuk
- Students may select their own passwords
- Faculty and staff may use the library printer to print but are requested to use the faculty copier / printer to copy.