Admissions Requirements for Dental Hygiene BSDH (Completion Program) Online- BSDH
Dental Hygiene BS-DH (Completion Program) Online
1. Admissions Application, Complete and submit the official admissions application.
2. Transcripts that include proof of graduation from a CODA accredited associates degree program in Dental Hygiene from a nationally or regionally accredited institution.
3. Copy of Registered Dental Hygienist License (RDH)
4. Essay, Submit a personal statement on why you are interested in the BSDH online completion program.
5. Proof of Citizenship/Legal Status Submit documentation to show legal status if not a citizen of the United States
6. Health Requirements
- Provide required health and immunization records, including:
- Physical Exam
- Immunization Records
- Proof of Health Insurance
The medical exam must be completed by physician or other qualified health care provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant). Dental Hygiene students are also required to provide:
- Documentation of two MMR vaccines or proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella
- Documentation of Varicella vaccination or proof of immunity
- Documentation of Tuberculin testing (PPD) with results less than months prior to the start of the program-OR-Submission of a chest X-ray and TB Questionnaire for students known to be PPD positive
- Documentation of a Hepatitis B vaccination or proof of immunity (if the student wishes to decline a Hepatitis B vaccination, the student must sign the Hepatitis B Declination Form)
- Td or Tdap results from within the past 10 years
Online students are required to meet technology prerequisites.
As the essence of an online delivery program is the ability to participate virtually, there are certain technological requirements that are prerequisites for students’ participation in online coursework. Students need to confirm their ability to have access to specific hardware, software, and network requirements to enroll in online classes. Students not able to fulfill these requirements will not be able to succeed in an online format. Requirements include:
- Desktop or laptop computer (Surface, iPads and other tablets are not acceptable)
- Broadband Internet access (above 5 Mbps required)
- Up-to-date virus protection software
- Webcam (most laptops have built-in webcams)
- Headset with microphone
Important Note: Students must have full administrator access to their computer. This means that students may not be able to use a company provided computer as they often restrict some aspect of the computer system necessary for online operations.
In addition to the above requirements, it is strongly recommended to follow the guidelines below:
Minimum Hardware Recommendations
- Intel processor i5 or higher or similar
- 14.1″ Widescreen Display
- Memory – 8.0GB
- 1 GB Video
- 160GB+ Hard Drive
- 802.11a/g/– Wireless
Minimum Software Recommendations
- OS – Windows 7 or higher – (English Language Version)
- Fully Functioning Anti-Virus Defense
- MS Office
- Google Suite (course dependent)
In accordance with Higher Education Rules, N.J.A.C. 8:57 – 61 and the NJ Higher Education Statute, N.J.S.A. 18A:61D-1, all students who are 30 years old and below and enrolled in 12 or more semester credit hours per semester /term must submit a valid proof of vaccination for measles, mumps, rubella and Hepatitis B as a condition for admission or continued enrollment.
The NJ Department of Health (NJDOH) identifies the following vaccines and dosage requirements:
1. Hepatitis B: Three doses of a hepatitis B containing vaccine, or alternatively any two doses of a hepatitis B vaccine licensed and approved for a two-dosage regimen administered to the student between 11 through 15 years of age.
2. Measles, Mumps, Rubella: Two doses of measles vaccine and 1 dose of mumps and rubella vaccine. Two MMR vaccines are also acceptable.
Acceptable proof of Immunization
1. A record from your physician
2. A school record
3. A public health department document
Proof of immunization must be submitted to the Registrar and a designated healthcare professional in the College will validate it.