Admissions Requirements for Dental Hygiene BSDH (Completion Program) Online- BSDH
|Dental Hygiene BS-DH (Completion Program) Online||
The following steps must be taken to complete the admission process for the Dental Hygiene BSDH Completion Program:
- Admissions Application, Complete and submit the official admissions application.
- Transcripts that include proof of graduation from a CODA accredited associates degree program in Dental Hygiene from a nationally or regionally accredited institution.
- Copy of Registered Dental Hygienist License (RDH)
- Essay, Submit a personal statement in response to an essay question by the Chair of the Dental Hygiene Program.
- Proof of Citizenship/Legal Status Submit documentation to show legal status if not a citizen of the United State
- Criminal Background Check
All students must undergo criminal history background checks and show favorable results. This will be done before the interview for acceptance into the program. www.certifiedbackground.com
- Health Requirements
- Provide required health and immunization records, including:
- Physical Exam
- Immunization Records
- Proof of Health Insurance
The medical exam must be completed by physician or other qualified health care provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant). Dental Hygiene students are also required to provide:
- Documentation of two MMR vaccines or proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella
- Documentation of Varicella vaccination or proof of immunity
- Documentation of Tuberculin testing (PPD) with results less than months prior to the start of the program-OR-Submission
of a chest X-ray and TB Questionnaire for students known to be PPD positive.
- Documentation of a Hepatitis B vaccination or proof of immunity (if the student wishes to decline a Hepatitis B vaccination, the student must sign the Hepatitis B Declination Form)
- Td or Tdap results from within the past 10 years
All applicants selected for admission based on their entire application package will have a personal interview with the Dental Hygiene Admissions Committee.
In accordance with Higher Education Rules, N.J.A.C. 8:57 – 61 and the NJ Higher Education Statute, N.J.S.A. 18A:61D-1, all students who are 30 years old and below and enrolled in 12 or more semester credit hours per semester /term must submit a valid proof of vaccination for measles, mumps, rubella and Hepatitis B as a condition for admission or continued enrollment.
The NJ Department of Health (NJDOH) identifies the following vaccines and dosage requirements:
- Hepatitis B: Three doses of a hepatitis B containing vaccine, or alternatively any two doses of a hepatitis B vaccine licensed and approved for a two-dosage regimen administered to the student between 11 through 15 years of age.
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella: Two doses of measles vaccine and 1 dose of mumps and rubella vaccine. Two MMR vaccines are also acceptable.
Acceptable proof of Immunization
- A record from your physician
- A school record
- A public health department document
Proof of immunization must be submitted to the Registrar and a designated healthcare professional in the College will validate it.