Admissions Requirements for Cardiovascular Technology Degree Program| CVT-AAS
Applicants to all programs must follow program-specific criteria listed below. Each applicant will be interviewed and given a tour of the College by his/her assigned admissions representative. Information gathered during this meeting will be presented to the Campus Director for review. If said review results in a positive recommendation, the applicant is encouraged to proceed with the appropriate application process.
CVT-AAS Degree Program
The following steps must be taken to complete the admissions process for the AAS Degree Programs in Cardiovascular Technology:
1. Admissions Application
Complete and submit the official admissions application.
2. High School Diploma or GED
Along with the application, present a copy of the applicant’s HS diploma/transcript, or have the applicant’s high school send a copy of his/her diploma/transcript directly to Eastern International College.
Recipients of a State Equivalency Diploma (GED) must submit a copy of the transcript of their test results with the application. Applicants whose secondary education was in a country outside the U.S. must obtain written official evaluation of transcripts showing equivalency from their native country, using one of the approved evaluating companies, such as WES, ECE, etc.
3. Accuplacer Exam
All applicants for the Cardiovascular Technology (CVT-AAS), Medical Assistant (MA-AAS), and the Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS-AAS) degree programs are required to take the Accuplacer examination in reading, sentence skills, and mathematics, which is administered at Eastern International College. Applicants who score 69 (or lower) in any or all of the areas must take and pass developmental courses (Developmental Reading or ENG 099, Developmental Writing or ENG 098, and Elementary Algebra or MAT 099) before being allowed to take college level courses in English and math.
The Accuplacer is waived for any of the following reasons:
- Combined SAT score of 1100 or better (if applicable) with a minimum of 500 in each section of the verbal and math tests. Scores are valid for five (5) years from date of test- in.
- Earned Associates degree (or higher) obtained from a nationally or regionally accredited institution with official transcript of record. A degree earned outside the United States must be evaluated using one of the approved evaluating companies, such as WES, ECE, etc. for US degree equivalency. Transcript evaluation is the responsibility of the applicant.
- Earned credits for college level English and Elementary Algebra (or higher) with a grade of “C” or better (and with official transcript of record) from a nationally or regionally accredited institution.
- Earned credits for English Composition and College Math through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP). CLEP score must conform to EIC’s transfer policy.
- An Advanced Placement (AP) score of “3” or better in both College Math and English For internal applicants (Those who started the MA-AAS in EIC prior to application into the CVT-AAS program or DMS-AAS program) who wish to switch degree program, a cumulative GPA of 2.0 is necessary to qualify for transfer.
Submit a personal statement in response to an essay question drafted by Eastern International College.